SCRS: Repairer Driven Education: The Anatomy of a Lawsuit: The Crucial Details of the $42 Million Dollar Verdict (RD26) $

Share
Add 
When: 
November 1, 2017 - 10:30am - 12:00pm
Where: 
Westgate Resort & Casino, Ballrooms D&E

Repairer Driven Education, RDE, SCRS, SEMA Show

SCRS REPAIRER DRIVEN EDUCATION (RDE) series will feature seminar offerings. Each of the courses has been individually selected or crafted by SCRS because the content specifically focuses on issues and information that are relevant to collision repair professionals operating in today’s marketplace, and appeals to the diverse array of marketplace perspectives that exist within the collision repair industry.

RD26 -  The Anatomy of a Lawsuit: The Crucial Details of the $42 Million Dollar Verdict

Presented by: Todd Tracy, The Tracy Law Firm

On Monday, October 1st a Texas jury found a Dallas-based collision repair center liable for incorrect repairs that led to increased severity in the crash of a 2010 Honda Fit. The jury awarded the owners of the vehicle a $42 million dollar verdict for injuries sustained as a result of the couple being trapped inside the burning vehicle. The collision repair facility was found responsible for 75 percent of the damages, and the jury attributed the other 25 percent of the blame to the at-fault driver. The details of Seebachan v. John Eagle Collision are likely to have rippling impacts across the collision repair landscape, and are critical for collision businesses performing repairs to understand and take heed of.
In this session, Todd Tracy, lead council for the plaintiffs will recount crucial details of the depositions, the trial, and the decision-making information presented to the jury that led to the precedent-setting verdict. These details can help collision repair businesses avoid their own “$42 million dollar verdict,” by understanding the facts that led a jury to conclude that OEM procedures were paramount, and that business decisions made in the course of repair can have dramatic effect on both the repair outcome and ultimate responsibility.