- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- New Products Showcase
- Travel and Lodging
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- Feature Vehicles
- Show Directory Listing Update Instructions
- Key Show Contacts
- Contact Us
New Application Innovation from 3M Automotive Aftermarket Offers New Technology for Texturing Panels
New Application Innovation from 3M Automotive Aftermarket Offers
New Technology for Texturing Panels
3M Body Protection System Features 3M™ Accuspray™ HGP Spray Gun and
3M™ Rocker Protector Pouch for Fast, Efficient Delivery
Of Low Viscosity Coatings to Vehicle Rocker Panels, Undercarriage
LAS VEGAS (November 5, 2013) – For automotive professionals matching textures on rocker panels, spraying these finishes has always been a challenge. And the current technology for applying these textured coatings and undercoatings means painters struggle with coating thickness, overspray, product waste and cleanup.
The new 3M Body Protection System is reinventing how repair technicians spray textured finishes found on today’s vehicles for rock protection and sound deadening. The innovative 3M Body Protection System helps painters spray low viscosity textured finishes with fine, medium, coarse and splattered patterns.
The technology behind the 3M Body Protection System includes the 3M™ Accuspray™ HGP Spray Gun with a pressurized inlet and 3M™ PPS™ Type H/O Mini Pressure Cup, the 3M™ Rocker Protector Pouch, and 3M™ Paintable Undercoating Pouch. The 3M Rocker Protector Pouch is available in 3-ounce and 5.5-ounce sizes, and the 3M Paintable Undercoating Pouch is available in 5.5-ounce size.
The 3M Body Protection System gives automotive professionals a powerful new tool for productivity, including:
• Ability to adjust pressures and spray pattern, allowing for better match to OEM textures.
• Ability to cut in half application time of textured finishes to rocker panels, wheel wells and undercarriages in many cases.
• The pressurized 3M Accuspray spray gun allows the product to be sprayed at any angle making it easier to reach lower rocker sections and inside wheel wheels.
• The painter can easily adjust the spray pattern to reduce overspray and masking.
• Painters can easily achieve a perfect texture match, which contributes to improved repair quality and higher CSI scores.
• The pouch sizes allow estimators and repair technicians to attribute exact product usage to each job, improving the job costing on estimates.
• The 3M Accuspray system reduces cleanup time and virtually eliminates the need for solvents.
“We developed the 3M Body Protection System by leveraging our proprietary 3M Accuspray technology with unique product delivery platforms, and it will revolutionize how textured finishes are applied in the future,” said Steve Widen, U.S Marketing Supervisor, 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division. “And, as the use of these textured finishes continues to expand for sound deadening on thinner substrates, the need for the 3M Body Protection System will increase.”
For more information on the 3M Body Protection System, visit www.3mcollision.com/bodyprotection, contact 1-877-MMM-CARS, your local 3M Distributor or 3M Sales Representative, visit the website at www.3MCollision.com and “Like” 3M Collision on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/3MCollision.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M, Accuspray and PPS are trademarks of 3M Company.