- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- New Products Showcase
- Travel and Lodging
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- Feature Vehicles
- Show Directory Listing Update Instructions
- Key Show Contacts
- Contact Us
Prestolite Performance launches Lakewood Evolution Suspension System
CLEVELAND – Prestolite Performance, a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of auto racing, performance and appearance products, is proud to announce the launch of the Lakewood Evolution, a bolt-on and adjustable suspension system.
The Lakewood Evolution Suspension System is designed for late-model Mustangs (2005-13), and offers the ability to adjust from street to drag to auto cross in one vehicle.
“We have found that customers want that type of adjustability,” said Jeremy Weilnau, Lakewood Industries product manager. “Everyone from the professional racer to the everyday Mustang enthusiast will enjoy having the ability to control the road like never before with the Lakewood Evolution.”
Following its debut at SEMA Show 2012 in Las Vegas, the Lakewood Evolution Suspension System is scheduled to hit shelves in the first half of 2013.
To accommodate a variety of price points, it will be offered in the following three packages. (Parts are also sold separately.)
STREET PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
- Reduced wheel hop
- Polyurethane bushings reduce unwanted suspension travel while maintaining isolation
- Includes braces to increase frame stiffness
- All rear control arms are adjustable in length to accommodate lowered suspensions
HIGH PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
- PTFE-lined heim joints replace polyurethane bushings to further reduce unwanted travel while maintaining free range of motion
- Front and rear fully adjustable coil-over conversion kits with independent adjustments for compression and rebound damping
- A watts link replaces the panhard bar to provide truly vertical rear suspension travel
PREMIER COMPETITION HANDLING PACKAGE
- Reduce lap times by 1.3 seconds during road racing testing
- Includes relocation brackets for the rear upper and lower control arms
- Longer rear upper control arm and torque arm are also included in addition to the OEM length rear upper control arm to increase suspension adjustment options
- Torsion bar-style stabilizer bars with multiple mounting holes for varied vehicle roll stiffness replace the OEM type tubular bars
- The splined ends on the torsion-style stabilizer bars also allow preloading the bar by changing the arm attachment angle
- High-strength bump-steer toe links are included to correct steering geometry for those using the coil-over kit to lower their vehicle
The Lakewood Evolution Suspension System will be available at Lakewood Industries’ premier dealer locations. For a list of dealers, visit: http://info.lakewoodindustries.com/products/lakewood-dealers.html.
controltheroad.com | lakewoodindustries.com | #controltheroad
For more information on the Lakewood Evolution Suspension System or to schedule an interview, contact Tom Valentino firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-321-8422.
ABOUT PRESTOLITE PERFORMANCE
Prestolite Performance is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of auto racing, performance and appearance products. Prestolite Performance markets its products under well-recognized and respected brands including:
- Mr. Gasket - A legendary name in performance auto parts, Mr. Gasket provides a variety of quality racing products including engine components, Ultra-Seal gaskets, fasteners, fuel accessories, suspension and drive train components, chrome-plated accessories and accessories for cooling systems and more.
- ACCEL – All enthusiasts, from the novice to experienced racer, depend on ACCEL’s line of high performance ignition systems and components that includes digital fuel injection systems, fuel injectors, coils, distributors, caps, rotors, ignition wires and spark plugs.
- Hays - Known for performance clutches and flywheels, Hays offers a wide range of high-performance clutches for street and track racing and designs specialty clutches for drag racing and tractor-pulling applications.
- Lakewood Industries – One of the most trusted brands for safety bellhousings, Lakewood specializes in manufacturing bellhousings, suspension products and chassis components for enthusiasts that desire quality, value and state-of-the-art performance.
- Mallory Ignition – With a legacy of quality almost as old as the automobile, Mallory Ignition is a premium brand targeting enthusiasts and hardcore racers. The innovative line includes distributors, ignition boxes, coils, fuel pumps and regulators.
Connect with Prestolite:
PrestolitePerformance.com | Facebook.com/prestoliteperformance | Twitter.com/teamprestolite | YouTube.com/user/PrestoliteP