- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Travel and Lodging
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- New Product Showcase
- Feature Vehicles
- Key Show Contacts
4-Pattern Camshafts By COMP Cams
Memphis, TN – COMP Cams® 4-Pattern Camshafts are hydraulic rollers designed to optimize valve events based on runner length and feature a large increase in both area under the curve and stability at high RPM.
To make the most power from your engine, you need to optimize the air ingested and captured by avoiding valves closing too soon or too late. Any conventional center layout single throttle body or carbureted V8 intake manifold features longer outboard runners and shorter inboard runners, meaning that each valve event should occur at a different moment. COMP Cams® 4-Pattern Camshafts are the very first series of cams designed to accommodate this difference in length and avoid valves closing at the wrong times. NASCAR teams have been using camshafts designed this way for years, and using lessons learned along with them, COMP Cams® has designed a series of cams that optimizes valve events and features a large increase in both area under the curve and stability at high RPM.
The camshafts feature four different lobe patterns with an intake and exhaust design for outboard runners, and another intake and exhaust design for the inboard runners. While the four inboard cylinders are all the same grinds, the outboard exhaust openings are two degrees earlier, with outboard intake closings coming two degrees later. This is the first ever use of technology in street vehicles to balance air/fuel ratio per cylinder and can net you a possible 1000+ RPM over other hydraulic rollers and anywhere from 5-20+ horsepower peak to peak, depending on cylinder head flow. The 4-pattern hydraulic roller cams are 100 percent CNC-ground from steel billet cores, feature cast iron distributor gears and utilize a series of lobes with over .600" valve lift and stability up to 7500 RPM, all while providing more consistent cylinder-to-cylinder torque. The cams also feature a tight lobe separation for both excellent performance and a throaty sound. Available for Big Block Chevy, Small Block Chevy and Small Block Ford carbureted or fuel injected applications, the cam design is exclusive and unique to COMP® and each one comes with a full Adcole report. The introduction of COMP Cams® 4-Pattern Camshafts means that proven race car technology is now available for your street machine.
*Upgraded valve train components and aftermarket cylinder heads required
Product: COMP Cams® 4-Pattern Camshafts
Part Number: Application Specific (See 2013 CPG New Products Brochure)
Social Media Pitch: COMP Cams® 4-Pattern Camshafts are designed to optimize valve events based on runner length & feature a large increase in both area under the curve and stability at high RPM
Features & Benefits:
· First cams designed to accommodate differences in runner length & avoid valves closing at the wrong times
· Four different lobe patterns; one intake & exhaust design for outboard runners, & another intake & exhaust design for inboard runners
· First ever use of technology in street vehicles to break down air-fuel ratio per cylinder; expands RPM range over other hydraulic rollers by 1000+ & provides 5-20 extra HP peak-to-peak
· Lobes feature over .600" lift & stability to 7500 RPM; more consistent cylinder to cylinder torque
· Tight lobe separation for optimal power with throaty exhaust sound
· CNC-ground from steel billet cores & feature cast iron distributor gears; unique & exclusive design to COMP Cams®
· Each cam comes with a full Adcole report featuring detailed technical specs
· Designed for SBC, BBC & SBF carbureted or fuel injected applications