- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- New Products Showcase
- Travel and Lodging
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- Feature Vehicles
- Show Directory Listing Update Instructions
- Key Show Contacts
- Contact Us
Miller Electric Mfg. Co. to Display EPIC Chopper; Offer Hands-on Welding and Cutting Demonstrations at 2012 SEMA Trade Show
APPLETON, Wis. — Sept. 26, 2012 — Attendees of the 2012 SEMA Show, Oct. 30 – Nov. 2, 2012, in Las Vegas, can try their hand at welding with hands-on welding and cutting demonstrations from the Miller Electric Mfg. Co. booth, #24013, in the Racing & Performance pavilion, located in the Central Hall of the Convention Center. Visitors to the booth can try the company’s newest MIG, TIG and Plasma Cutting equipment, get technical questions answered, and also check out the latest offerings in the Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection.
Miller will also have the EPIC Chopper, a grand prize in the Job Weld Done Giveaway, on display in the booth. Built by Oklahoma City-based bike-building World Champion Darwin Motorcycles, the EPIC Chopper features custom components. Dar Holdsworth of Darwin Motorcycles will also be in the booth daily from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to answer questions about the one-of-a-kind bike. Visitors to the booth will also have the opportunity to enter the Job Weld Done Giveaway.
Products on display and available for demonstration or purchase include:
• Diversion™ 180 TIG welder: This easy-to-use welder can connect to 115V or 230V power and features a digital display for accurate adjustment of weld settings.
• Dynasty® 200 Series TIG welder: This welder combines advanced inverter technology with Auto-Line™ technology, offering the most flexible AC/DC TIG/Stick power supply in the welding industry.
• NEW Multimatic™ 200: A durable, impact-resistant polycarbonate case protects this all-in-one portable multiprocess welding power source, which is capable of performing MIG, Stick and TIG welding processes in one compact design.
• Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™: featuring a 30- to 210-amp MIG welding output and a great low-end arc for sheet metal work.
• Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™ MIG welder: also a 210-amp unit, but with a higher duty cycle for making longer welds on thicker material.
• Millermatic® 350P MIG welder: the first single- or three-phase power Millermatic that welds material from 22 gauge to 1/2 in. thick in a single pass.
• Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns: offering reliable and economical direct-connect solutions for home hobbyists and light fabricators looking for smooth feeding of aluminum wire.
• Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ with XT30 Torch Plasma cutter: an 18-lb. Plasma cutter with the power to cut 3/8-in. steel in a single pass.
• Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™ with XT40 Torch Plasma cutter: a 21-lb. Plasma cutter with the power to cut 5/8-in. mild steel in a single pass.
• S-Series ArcStation™: a welding workbench that offers an affordable and fully customizable work space, designed for a variety of both professional and hobbyist welding applications.
• F-Series ArcStation™: a portable welding workbench with a folding design, convenient handle and wheels, that offers the ability to take the 74-lb. bench to the jobsite or to move freely around a shop or garage.
• NEW Digital controls and headgear for the Arc Armor® Digital Elite™, Digital Performance™ and Digital Pro-Hobby™ Series auto-darkening welding helmets in the Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection
• NEW Female-inspired graphic designs: Fury™ and Illusion™. These are the industry’s first large-window professional-grade helmets with graphics for women.
• Welding jackets and other safety apparel, including gloves from Miller’s line of Arc Armor® welding protection.
“The Miller booth at SEMA offers visitors a great value and the opportunity to ‘try before you buy,’” said Andy Weyenberg, motorsports marketing manager for Miller Electric Mfg. Co. “We encourage people to get under the hood and experience the difference of welding with Miller.”
Metal art industry experts will join Miller at SEMA 2012, and attendees can visit the booth throughout the show to watch metal art fabrication projects. The experts will provide metal art demonstrations using automotive parts, offer expert advice and answer technical questions from a designated area of the booth.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Cam Shaft Cocktail Table fabrication with Stephen Christena of Midwest Metal Works
Christena began his career creating high-end furniture for architects and designers in the Chicago area. Midwest Metal Works allows him to pursue his other passion — teaching his craft to anyone willing to learn. Christena will fabricate cocktail tables from cam shafts and a variety of automotive parts, using both MIG and TIG processes and plasma cutting.
Thursday/Friday: Hem-me Spyder fabrication with Thomas Patsis of Cold Hard Art
Patsis started Cold Hard Art in 2008. His art and style is inspired by Jesse James of West Coast Choppers fame. The Hem-me Spyders are created using the TIG process from a variety of automotive parts, including nuts, bolts, sheet metal, round and square tubing and welding wire.
To catch live reports and updates from the show, Miller fans are invited to check out MillerWelds.com/SEMA for news, exclusive interviews and points of interest from the show floor communicated through the extensive Miller social media network on: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
# # #