- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- New Products Showcase
- Travel and Lodging
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- Feature Vehicles
- Show Directory Listing Update Instructions
- Key Show Contacts
- Contact Us
International Resources - Exhibitor
More than 25% of all buyers expected at the 2013 SEMA Show will come from more than 100 nations outside the United States. Below are programs/resources to help you connect:
Forums on Top Emerging Markets
Monday, November 4
Top specialty equipment buyers from Russia Middle East and China will
speak about their fast growing markets at roundtable discussions on Monday,
November 4 in room N254.
Interested in the Russian, Middle Eastern or Chinese markets? SEMA will hold three sessions, Monday, November 4, featuring buyers and media from these key markets:
Monday, November 4, 2013
11 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Learn how to cash in on this lucrative region. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and surrounding countries provide some of the best opportunities for United States specialty-parts manufacturers, as off-roading, classic car collecting and motorsports are all growing in popularity. Attendees will also learn about the details of the second SEMA one-on-one matchmaking program being held in the UAE in March 2014.
Monday, November 4, 2013
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
• Russia ranks sixth in the world in terms of annual passenger-vehicle sales. The country’s auto market has rebounded from the 2008–2009 recession with new-vehicle sales for 2012 up 11% from the previous year, which makes Russia the second-largest European vehicle market. With 2.9 million passenger vehicles sold last year, the country is quickly gaining on Germany—the top market in Europe—and many experts estimate that the positions will flip between these two countries in the next few years.
• There are now 38.7 million passenger vehicles on Russian roads. But with 140 million people, a large, unmet demand still exists for those who have not yet had the opportunity to purchase a vehicle.
• SUVs represent the largest and fastest-growing automotive sector in Russia, making up 31% of all passenger sales in 2012. Nearly one-third of all passenger-vehicle sales were SUVs—more than double the rate of SUV sales throughout the rest of Europe.
• Russia has the highest gross domestic product per capita among the members of BRICS. “[By] 2020, Russia should be one of the biggest consumer markets on a global basis,” said Russian Machines Chairman Siegfried Wolf in a Just-Auto.com interview. The company also owns the GAZ Group automotive division. Per capita, Wolf said, Russia has doubled the income of the Chinese—$20,000 compared to $11,000—and India is at about $6,000.
Monday, November 4, 2013
3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Chinese distributors and SEMA members already successful in the region provide insider tips. Learn the latest trends, applications and perceptions of United States brands in the Chinese market. This will be a great opportunity to meet with press and distributors of specialty products in this market of 1.3 billion people in this informal, practical session to assist you in deciding if this market is a good fit for your products.
International Happy Hour
Wednesday, Nov 6
5:00 – 6:30 pm.
Pre-registration required but complimentary
Attend SEMA’s International Happy Hour on Wednesday, November 6, to network with international buyers and distributors, as well as media from key overseas markets. Joe Sebergandio, of Motor Media Inc., served as MC at the International Happy Hour. Here he interviews Stephen Humphris of NSV Automotive, a Global Media Award winner.
More than 1,000 companies are expected at the 2013 SEMA International Happy Hour. The event provides an excellent opportunity to network with buyers and distributors from around the world. Top international media from key overseas markets will also be in attendance. Register now.
Global Media Awards
Make sure to participate in the New Products Showcase. Key International
media will be each selecting products from the showcase based on salability
in their home market as part of the Global Media Awards.
The ninth annual Global Media Awards will once again be selected by a group of 35 top automotive journalists from more than 20 countries who will each name 10 products from the New Products Showcase that they think will most appeal to consumers in their home markets. Winning companies receive a Global Media Award, which signifies the global appeal of their products, and the companies will be recognized at the International Happy Hour. To be considered, make sure your products are featured in the New Products Showcase.
Center for International Commerce
The CIC contains complimentary private meeting space and interpreters to
facilitate meetings between exhibitors and international buyers.
The SEMA Center for International Commerce (CIC), located in room N55 of the Las Vegas Convention Center, is a valuable resource for SEMA Show exhibitors and international buyers. SEMA’s international staff will be on hand at the CIC, as will a team of interpreters to assist in bilingual communication in key languages that include German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese. Complimentary private meeting rooms are also available in the CIC.