- Contact Us
SCRS Repairer Driven Education: RDE12 - Getting Paid For Investing in Facility, Equipment and Training $
When:November 6, 2014 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Where:Las Vegas Convention Center, Upper North Hall, N239-N241
SCRS REPAIRER DRIVEN EDUCATION (RDE) series will feature seminar offerings. Each of the courses has been individually selected or crafted by SCRS because the content specifically focuses on issues and information that are relevant to collision repair professionals operating in today’s marketplace, and appeals to the diverse array of marketplace perspectives that exist within the collision repair industry.
RDE12 - Getting Paid For Investing in Facility, Equipment and Training
Presented by Tim Ronak, AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings
Repairers are facing significant additional tooling and training to repair modern vehicle construction materials and technology. This session will look at the shrinking Labor GP% due to additional costs of investment in equipment, facility and training. Strategies will be explored to understand the mechanisms at your disposal to offset these rising business costs to justify a return on that capital expenditure.
1. What does current collision industry labor profitability look like currently and over the last several years?
2. Why do we need to invest in additional facility, equipment or training and how much total money will I have to spend?
3. How do I calculate my ROI on the capital investment required and what return is reasonable to expect?
4. What time period should I consider a payback period for this incremental new investment?
5. How do I equate the additional capital expense for facility, equipment and training into a reimbursable charge?
6. Should the cost be passed on to customers or is it a cost of doing business?
For more information, visit the SCRS RDE website.