- About the SEMA Show
- Buy a Booth
- Why Exhibit?
- Exhibitor Summit
- Learn About Exhibiting
- Exhibitor Information
- How to Succeed at the SEMA Show
- International Resources
- Travel and Lodging
- Promote Your Booth
- Exhibitor Manual
- Exhibitor List/Floorplan
- Submit a Press Release
- New Product Showcase
- Feature Vehicles
- Key Show Contacts
SCRS Repairer Driven Education: RD19 - Bidding Wars: A Global View on the Possible Economic Impact of Insurer Involvement in Parts Procurement $
When:November 1, 2012 - 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Where:Las Vegas Convention Center, N239
SCRS REPAIRER DRIVEN EDUCATION (RDE) series will feature seminar offerings. Each of the courses has been individually selected or crafted by SCRS because the content specifically focuses on issues and information that are relevant to collision repair professionals operating in today’s marketplace, and appeals to the diverse array of marketplace perspectives that exist within the collision repair industry.
RD19 - Bidding Wars: A Global View on the Possible Economic Impact of Insurer Involvement in Parts Procurement
David Newton-Ross, The National Collision Repair/The NZ Collision Repairer, Australia; Rex Crowther, Panel Talk Magazine, New Zealand
Online bidding requirements for parts procurement has just entered into the U.S. market recently, but there are other countries, such as New Zealand, where the parts tendering practice was constructed by the country’s largest carrier for its own use in 2003, and has since become a mandatory practice for all carriers. This session will provide attendees with a global perspective on:
- The economic impact the online bidding program has had on repair facility margins in NZ.
- The procedural impact the program has had on cycle times and the estimating process.
- The changes the program has had on the repair facilities relationship with parts vendors.
- How the program has impacted part type selections.
- Why the program succeeded in NZ while failing to grab hold in neighboring countries such as Australia.
- What the potential impact is that this type of parts procurement could have on the United States.
Click here to register for the SCRS Repairer Driven Education courses.
For more information, visit the SCRS RDE website.